Sunday, July 15, 2007

Teach us to pray

pastor terry challenged us ... We overestimate our own ability to deal with our lives.


Stepped on my toes! I often make the mistake to think that I can deal with the circumstances of my daily life. But in my own strength, negativity and frustration are all too common at the end of the day.


1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 gives us this prayerful remedy ... Be cheerful no matter what; pray all the time; thank God no matter what happens. This is the way God wants you who belong to Christ Jesus to live. (The Message)

Praying all the time gives me the perspective and power to be "cheerful no matter what". Wanna give it a try with me this week? Let us know how it's working!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm there with ya...

Anonymous said...

Live day to day on my own? NO WAY, been there, done that and I can tell you it doesn't work! Take the challenge...PRAY PRAY PRAY!!